All grooming clients will be asked to read and sign a Client Agreement. Please read fully.
- All dogs must be on a leash. Those on retractable leashes must have them locked at 4ft.
- Please make sure your dog is empty before coming inside. There are doggy poop bags and scoop available for your use, please use them.
- We understand the challenges of getting to appointments on time, but to serve our other clients, we need to reschedule your appointment if you’re more than 15 minutes late.
- If fleas/ticks are found on your dog during grooming, your dog will be given a flea/tick bath and/or an oral 24 hour flea pill. This will be at an additional expense.
- There is a $35 fee for returned checks.
- Cash is preferred, major credit cards and debit cards are accepted. We no longer accept checks.
Client Grooming Agreement
- Current Vaccinations/Veterinarian Information: By signing this contract, owners verify their pets are current on Rabies, Distemper, ‘kennel cough’ and Parvo-Virus. Proof of Vaccination or current Titer testing shall be provided to Mighty Clean Mutt upon request as well as current veterinarian information. Special circumstances will be taken into consideration. MCM recommends speaking to your veterinarian about what other vaccines may be best for your pet.
- Please bring written proof, with their name on it, of each pet’s rabies vaccine to their first groom.
- Ear washing/cleaning of the outer ear canal is done for each groomed pet. MCM will not pluck ear hair.
- Photos and other media: Mighty Clean Mutt loves your pet and loves to show them off. By signing this contract, you agree to allow Mighty Clean Mutt to take photos and display them publicly, on Facebook, on our website, or in any other media. Pet’s first name and biography may be displayed, owner’s name will NOT be made public.
- Aggressive or Dangerous Pets: Owners MUST inform Mighty Clean Mutt if your pet(s) bite(s), has bitten, or is aggressive to people, other pets or specific grooming procedures. Muzzles may be used if necessary. Muzzling will not harm your pet, and protects both the pet and the groomer. Mighty Clean Mutt reserves the right to refuse/stop services for such pet(s) at any time before or during the grooming process, and may charge a handling fee in addition to the regular grooming charge.
- Health or Medical Problems & Senior Pets: Grooming procedures can sometimes be stressful, especially for a senior pet or pet with health problems, and can expose hidden medical problems or aggravate a current one during or after the groom. Because senior pets and pets with health problems have a greater chance of injury, these pets will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort, in styles that will not add to their stress. In the best interest of your pet this contract/agreement will give Mighty Clean Mutt permission to obtain immediate veterinary treatment for your pet should it be deemed necessary by Mighty Clean Mutt. We will do our best to contact you first, then take your pet to your authorized veterinarian or to the nearest veterinarian that is available. It is agreed that all expenses for veterinary care will be covered by the pet’s owner upon signing this contract/agreement.
- Mat Removal: Pets with matted coats need extra attention during their grooming session. Mats left in a pets coat only grow tighter, and can strangle the pet’s skin, or eventually tear it open. Mighty Clean Mutt does not wish to cause serious or undue stress to your pet, and will not continually de-mat your pet for you. Mats can be very difficult to remove, and may require the pet to be shaved. When necessary, removing a heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles or skin folds trapped in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture and urine near the pet’s skin allowing mold, fungus or bacteria to grow, causing skin irritations that existed prior to the grooming process. Torn skin from mats can also harbor maggots. After effects of mat removal procedures can include itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions and failure of the hair to re-grow. Shaved pets are also prone to sunburn and should either have sunscreen applied daily or should be kept out of the sun until the hair grows sufficiently to protect the skin. In some cases pets may also exhibit brief behavioral changes. Prevention is the best defense against matting by scheduling regular grooming appointments. There is an extra charge for any dematting.
- Short Clips: Please understand a short clip on a pet can cause the following, even after multiple short clips in the past. After effects of a short clip can include itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions and failure of the hair to re-grow. Shaved pets are also prone to sunburn and should either have sunscreen applied daily or should be kept out of the sun until the hair grows sufficiently to protect the skin. In some cases pets may also exhibit brief behavioral changes.
- Accidents: There is always the possibility an accident could occur. Grooming equipment is sharp, even though we use extreme caution and care in all situations, possible problems could occur including cuts, nicks, scratches, quicking of nails, etc. In most cases this can happen when a pet is wiggling or moving around. If you arrive to pick up your pet and it is still being groomed, please do NOT talk to it or allow your pet to see you. Sit quietly, or step outside for a few moments. Every effort will be made to insure your pet is groomed as safely as possible, but an excited pet can be dangerous to continue to work on. If you insist on talking to your pet, or the groomer, we reserve the right to end the grooming session, even if the groom is not completed, and the full grooming price will be charged.
- Parasites: If you suspect your pet has fleas or ticks, please inform us. Flea infestations can lead to tapeworm and other health problems, prompt and thorough action on YOUR part is needed. If fleas or ticks are found during the grooming process, your pet will be treated with a product to kill the parasites and will be charged for. This only takes care of the parasites on your pet. Mighty Clean Mutt recommends year round monthly protection for parasites. Ticks found will be removed for an additional charge. If ticks are found, we strongly suggest you have your pet tested for Lyme disease. Please note that parasites are a health hazard to your pet as well as to us humans.
- Hold Harmless Agreement: By signing this contract you (or your Agent) agree to hold Mighty Clean Mutt, it’s owners, operators, and employees, harmless from any damage, loss, or claim arising from any condition of the undersigned pet, either known or unknown to Mighty Clean Mutt. It is also further understood and agreed the terms of this agreement can change at any time, without notice, and will overwrite any and all prior signed contracts or releases. It is further understood this clause applies to any and all pets groomed from the same family.
- Late Pick-Ups: We do not have boarding or daycare facilities. If your dog is not picked up within 30 minutes of the agreed upon time, and additional $5.00 kennel charge may apply. If your dog is not picked up by closing for the day, and additional $50.00 kennel charge may also apply.
- No-shows & Cancellations: Please be respectful of our time as we are a by-appointment business, and another client could have taken your appointment if we had known. No shows, cancellations or reschedules less than two business days cost us a full grooming fee, and are subject to a $20.00 FEE PER PET. An invoice will be sent and needs to be paid prior to check in of next grooming appointment. Pre-Payment for habitual missed appointments will be required before another appointment is booked. We understand there may be emergency situations and will work with you, but not on a continued basis. Note: Clients 15 minutes late risk losing their appointment without notice and the above could apply.
- Returned Check Policy: There is a $35 fee for checks returned not paid. We no longer accept checks.
Please fill out this form. You will be emailed this copy of the policies and a link to confirm you have read them. This must be done prior to the day of your appointment. These policies are updated periodically and you should check back for any updates.